The University dates back to 1927, when Forest School was founded in Alytus. In 1939 the school was transfered to Vilnius, in 1963 – to Girionys (Kaunas distr.). In the Soviet period the school was reorganized into Forestry Technicum, while after Lithuania regained its independence, it became Higher Forestry School again. For a long time there existed only one speciality in the school - forestry.
Dr. Vaidotas Lygis